MANE SALON: BEAUTIFUL HAIR, A SAFE COVID SALON EXPERIENCE
As we return to LEVEL 2, our focus will be on delivering beautiful hair in a safe salon environment. This reflects not only official guidelines, but our commitment to keep you and our team happy and healthy. Things will be a little different to your last appointment, and we wanted to shed some light on what you can expect:
UPDATE : A guide to how MANE operates in the Covid-19 Protection Framework
Living with uncertainty is tough. We want to do what we can to be transparent, clear and help you plan for your future hair appointments. Under the Covid-19 Protection Framework, MANE will operate these systems, as guided by the Ministry of Health:
- As a business with close client contact - vaccinations will be mandatory for our team, clients and all salon visitors.
- The official Vaccine Pass can be downloaded via: My Covid Record (from 29 November the Vaccine Pass will also be issued and valid for those with a medical exemption).
- Official vaccine status will be verified by a digital sign-in process on entering MANE salon.
- Please continue to arrive at MANE wearing a mask and sign in via our Covid QR scanner.
- If you are unwell with Covid symptoms please let us know - we will cancel your appointment and work with you to reschedule it.
- Our team will continue to maintain vigilant hygiene and sanitisation practices.
- We will endeavour to continually review government guidance and adjust our approach, advising of any changes swiftly through our salon emails and social media.
At MANE our focus continues to be on creating beautiful hair and a positive salon experience. On the whole, we hope the vaccine mandate will strengthen everyone’s sense of wellbeing in our space.
Thank you for being part of our safe salon community. :)
Covid-19 Protection Framework FAQs
Do I need to be vaccinated to have my hair done at MANE?
- As a close contact business and as per government guidelines, clients at MANE will be required to be fully vaccinated while we are operating under the Covid-19 Protection Framework.
How do I show my vaccine status?
- We can only scan and accept the official My Vaccine Pass. You can access yours via My Covid Record. Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept a negative Covid test, vaccine appointment card or any other vaccination documents.
Can you do my hair if I’ve only had my first vaccine?
- As we are a close contact business we will require a My Vaccine Pass for all clients (meaning fully vaccinated). If you already have an appointment at MANE booked before your second dose please get in touch. Our friendly salon coordinators will be on hand to help rebook you for after your second dose.
Do I need to wear a mask for my appointment?
- Masks are required for both our team and clients, it’s our way of keeping everyone safe.
Are all your staff vaccinated?
- To date, all of our staff are fully vaccinated or have had their first vaccination. This is as per government mandates for employees of close contact businesses. All of our team will be fully vaccinated by 17 January 2022 and all future employees will be required to be fully vaccinated.
Do I still need to use the Covid QR Scanner?
We have several Covid-19 QR scanner posters on display in the salon. Please continue to check-in like this when you visit us.
What are your rules around children under 12 years?
- As per government mandates children under 12 years do not require vaccination or a My Vaccine Pass. We strongly recommend that children wear a mask to their appointment for themselves and their families protection.
HOW WE’LL KEEP YOU SAFE:
We'll maintain accurate contact tracing of all our clients and visitors to the salon. There will be a QR code to check in on arrival.
Hairdressing is inevitably a hands-on thing, so all of our team will be wearing masks. We kindly ask all clients to wear a mask also (but of course please contact us if you have a mask exemption). We’ll also wash and sanitise our hands at the beginning of each appointment and will ask our clients to please do the same.
Stylists will wash their hands in hot, soapy water prior to your service - we will also ask you to do the same.
Hand sanitiser will be provided for use throughout your service.
We won’t be able to offer beverages at this time, however we’ll be happy to fill your reusable water bottle. Likewise, we won’t be able to provide magazines, but will have WiFi access for your viewing pleasure.
To allow for safe distancing, you will be seated away from other clients at all times during your service.
We’ll refrain from talking at the basin.
Our team members will not come in to the salon if they are even the slightest bit unwell.
Contactless payment can be done by way of direct debit online banking before or after your appointment. We will have an Eftpos machine to process credit card payments, which will be disinfected prior to and after every use (please refrain from bringing cash)
Please know that we love you, and love having you in the salon. So we’ll be welcoming you back with air hugs and toe taps, until we can hug again!
HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP OUR TEAM SAFE:
Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell or have a cold, cough or sniffles. We’ll happily work with you to reschedule your appointment.
We love children and your four-legged friends - however we ask that you refrain from bringing them to your appointment at this time.
Please arrive at the salon at the time of your appointment only, each stylist will have a one in, one out policy - so we won’t be able to let anyone in early. We can text you when your stylist is ready, so you can always wait in your car (we’ll also grab that door handle for you, so you don’t have to touch it).
We ask that you leave jackets and bags at home, as we cannot hang or store them at this time.
- We ask that you do not bring extra friends (furry or otherwise!) to your appointment as we have a limit of how many people we can have in the salon during Delta Level 2.
OUR SALON CLEANING REGIME:
Between every appointment we will carry out a stringent cleaning regime, including the sanitisation of door handles, Eftpos machine, styling bays and basin areas.
The salon will have a full sanitisation and in depth clean before, during and after closing every day.
We know there are a lot of changes to digest, and we are always here to address any questions or concerns you may have. We will continue to do our part to protect our community and provide you with a safe salon experience, so you can relax as we deliver beautiful hair.